Used in Enuresis, scanty menses, Headache, abdomen enlarged, Hot flushes
Also known as
Willmar Schwabe Sepia(Dilution)
Trituration of dried liquid contained in the ink-bag of the cuttle fish is used to make the medicine.
Common Name:Â Â Sepia Officinalis , Cuttle fish
Causes & Symptoms for Willmar Schwabe Sepia
- Domination and restricted freedom, feeling of being unfortunate and neglected, represents for Sepia; the emotional state, especially their irritability and depression, are worse before and during their menstruation,Â
- During pregnancy, after childbirth and during the menopause, there is frequent strong urging to urinate.
- Sepia disturbs the circulation, causing flushes and other irregularities, throbbings all over the body.
- The upward direction of the symptoms in Sepia is one of its keynotes, the pains of the head shoot upward, and so do the pains in anus, rectum, and vagina.
- Hand night-sweat proceeds from above downward and finger-joints is a seat of ulceration.
Mind and head:
- Great sadness and weeping, dread of being alone, of men, of meeting friends, with uterine troubles indicates Sepia. They prefer to be alone, are sensitive to criticism, they are forever scolding, finding fault, being reproachful, and subjecting others.
- Flushes of heat over face and head towards evening. Vertigo in morning, on rising, or in afternoon. Scalp and roots of hair very sensitive to touch marks Sepia as the remedy of service.Â
Eyes, Nose and Ear
- Inflammation of eyes and lids, with impaired vision, black spots, green halo, fiery redness. Itching and smarting in eyes and lids is relieved with help of Sepia.
- Sepia is also useful where colds inflame the tonsils and tend to cause suppuration, Scabby and ulcerated nostrils. Dry coryza, especially of left nostril is relieved with help of Sepia.
- Violent bleeding of nose, especially during menses and Stinging pain in the left ear, Hardness of hearing indicates Sepia.
- Cough, either with or without expectoration.
Face and Mouth
- Fine, dark hair above the upper lip, excess hair on other parts of the body, showing a general tendency to hirsutism is checked with help of Sepia.
- Contraction of throat without swallowing, sensation of plug when swallowing with feeling of constriction points to Sepia.
- Sepia is a valuable remedy in Toothache, stinging, pulsating, extending into ear during pregnancy, with shortness of breath.Â
- Dryness of the mouth, lips and tongue is an indication for Sepia.
Stomach and Abdomen
- Acidity in mouth, frequent risings, generally sour or bitter or with taste of food, Â Nausea and vomiting after a meal with headache is relieved with help of Sepia.
- There is fullness, soreness, and stitches in liver region, as well as stitches in left hypochondrium.
- Pain in abdomen, in the bed in morning.
Rectum and stool
- Great difficulty in discharging stool, which seems to stick in anus or rectumÂ
- Diarrhoea after boiled milk indicates Sepia.
- Protrusion of hemorrhoids (bleeding) from rectum (when walking, bleeding when walking).
- The bearing down pains of Sepia are felt in abdomen and back worse standing or walking.
- Constant sense of pressing into vagina, which compels the patient to cross the limbs is an indication for Sepia.
- Sexual drive and responses are lost, loss of desire.
- When menses fail to appear in mothers who do not nurse, sepia helps to initiate back.
- Though the desire is urgent, the discharge of urine is difficult, and the sepia patient waits a long time to pass the urine.
- The bed is wet almost as soon as the child goes to sleep, always during the first sleep
- On the brow or upper lip brownish stains often prompted by excess exposure to the sun, pregnancy or taking the contraceptive pill is relieved with Sepia.
- Soreness of skin in the humid places on bends of knees.
- Roundness and yellowness of the spots marks the Sepia.
- Eruptions on vertex and back part of head, dry, offensive, stinging, itching and tingling, with cracks is relieved with sepia.
- Faints easily is a note of the Sepia, weakness after getting wet, from extremes of heat and cold.
- In either sex, complaints from coition is relieved with help of this remedy.
Side effects of Willmar Schwabe Â Sepia
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
Dosage and rules while taking Willmar Schwabe Sepia
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.