Used in gumboil, abscess, infection, decayed tooth, bites of animals
Tincture of whole fresh plant, of the root is used to make the medicine.
Common Name:Â Plantain
Causes & Symptoms for Plantago
- Plantago is a remedy for toothache, gumboil, gum abscess.
- The neuralgic pains of teeth, ears, and face are characteristic of Plantago.
- Toothache with earache is relieved with Plantago.
- Neuralgia resulting from tobacco.
- Applied locally to gums, temple, and cheek, removes the pain.
- Redness, swelling, vesicles on hands and face.
- Inflammatory affections of skin and involvement of cellular tissue.
Mind and Head
- Impatient, restless, great mental prostration, worse by mental exertion is relieved with Plantago.
- Severe pain in left side of head, from forehead extending deep into brain indicates Plantago.
- Itching of scalp is relieved with Plantago.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Sharp pain in eyes, lightning-like stitches over left eye, lids sore, swollen.
- Ciliary neuralgia from decayed teeth is relieved with Plantago.
- For Earaches, Inflammation of middle ear. Sticking pain in ears is relieved with Plantago.
- Frequent sneezing, with sudden attacks of profuse, watery, bland coryza, watery discharge.
- Relief for sharp pains between ears and teeth Plantago works well.
Mouth and Throat
- Dry, scaly eruption on lower lip. Aphthae in children.
- Toothache, better while eating, violent pain in left upper molars, gums bleed easily.
- A remedy for toothache, gumboil, gum abscess
- Soreness and swelling of submaxillary glands on both sides.
- Plantago lessens the pain from a toothache, pain that goes into ears or eyes.
- Grinding teeth during sleep.
Stomach and abdomen
- Violent griping, especially upper abdomen. Pain in abdominal muscles with heaviness of stomach as from a stone, even after a light meal.
Stool and Anus
- Painful blood piles, Worms.
- Its local uses is as an application to inflamed and painful piles.
- Plantago is useful in enuresis, tingling with unpleasant itching in meatus.
- Plantago relieves large quantities, clear, frequent, very dark red, of strong odor of urine.
- Inflammation of the glands breasts, Mastitis.
- Pain in sacrum.
- Great pain and stiffness in left leg and knee.Â
- Eruption on forehead. Small, red, rough, scaly erythematous patches size of pea.Â
- Plantago is useful in all affections of the skin with irritation, pain, heat,
- Erythema, burns, bruises, incised wounds, bites of animals chilblains, frostbite is relieved with Plantago.
- The pains are tearing, boring, bruised abscess.
- Plantago tincture is great for infections and pain relief.
- Worse By contact, mental exertion, by motion, heat and cold, cold air, sharp wind, heat of room.
Side effects of Plantago
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Plantago
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Plantago
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.