For sadness, trembling, Convulsion,Headache, Sciatica, stiff neck
Willmar Schwabe Ignatia Amara(Dilution)
Tincture and trituration of the seeds is used for medicinal preparation.
Common Name: St. Ignatius Bean, Faba indica
Causes & Symptoms for Willmar Schwabe Ignatia Amara
- Ignatia is especially suited to sensitive, delicate women and children.
- Twitching or spasms, or convulsions from exciting or depressing emotions, fright indicates Ignatia.
- especially if caused by fright or grief on the mental side, or teething or worms.
- Anyone suffering from suppressed, deep grief, with long drawn sighs, much sobbing, Ignatia works well.
- Ignatia has a good action over motor and sensory nerves, Twitching of muscles of face and lips.
- Uncontrollable laughter alternating with outbursts of tears.
- Hiccough worse by eating, or smoking, or emotional disturbances
Mind and Head
- Ignatia is suitable to changeable, moody disposition, easily frightened, Anger, followed by quiet grief and sorrow.
- The least contradiction excites rage and passion, with redness of face.
- Painful sensation of expansion in the head, as if the cranium were going to burst, Head better lying on painful side.
- Headaches are aggravated by coffee, smoking, the abuse of snuff, inhaling tobacco smoke, alcohol.
- Headaches terminate with a profuse flow of urine.
- Pressive headache, especially above the root of the nose, and often accompanied by inclination to vomit, worse or better by stooping
Eyes, ear, nose
- Redness of the eyes, Convulsive movements of the eyes, and of the eyelids is relieved with Ignatia.
- Swelling in the upper lid, with enlargement of the (bluish) veins, the eyelid is turned upward.
- Swelling of the parotids, with shooting pain, Itching in the ears.
- Nostrils excoriated and ulcerated, with swelling of the nose, stoppage of one nostril, dry coryza, with dull headache.
Mouth and throat
- Pain and suffering in the throat, Convulsive starting and distortion of the muscles of the face
- Sore throat; stitches when not swallowing; better, eating something solid.Â
- The longer the cough lasts the more the irritation to cough increases.Â
- Pains in the sub maxillary glands, Â Ulceration of one of the corners of the mouth is relieved with Ignatia.
- Inflammation, swelling, and induration of the tonsils, with small ulcers.
Stomach and abdomen
- All gone, weak, empty sensation in stomach not better by eating.
- Periodical attacks of cramp in the stomach, which disturb sleep at night, and are worse by pressure on the part affected.
- Heaviness and pressure in the pit of the stomach is relieved with Ignatia.
- Shooting sensation of burning and pressure, or swelling and hardness in the region of the spleen.
- Periodical cramp-like pains in the abdomen is relieved with Ignatia.
- Sensation of weakness and trembling in the abdomen.
Stool and Anus
- Piles, prolapses, soreness and pain after stool, pains shooting up into abdomen.
- Shooting pains up the rectum; constricting pain at anus worsened after stool, better whilst sitting is relieved with Ignatia.
- Hard evacuations, with frequent ineffectual efforts. Â Itching and tingling in the anus.
- Urgent and irresistible want, with inability to urinate
- Sensation of burning and smarting in the urethra, during micturition indicates Ignatia.
- Itching in the fore part of the urethra
- Contraction of the penis, it becomes quite small.
- Strangling sensation, and aching in the testes, especially in the evening, after lying down is relieved with Ignatia.
- Erections during every evacuation.
- Cramp-like and compressive pains in the region of the uterus, with fits of suffocation, pressure and lying on the back, mitigate the pain
- Uterine spasms, with lancinations, or like labor pain is relieved with Ignatia.
Extremities and neck
- Lancinating, cutting, beating, bursting pains, in the sciatica aggravated in winter, better in summer.
- The limb is swollen and thigh knotty, and she cannot get up or lie down without pain, generally left side indicates Ignatia.
- Stiffness of the nape of the neck.
- Weak back, with sciatica, Tearing in the arms, excited by cold air.
- Stiffness of the knees and of the feet, Sensation of burning in the heels at night, on placing them near one another,Â
- when they come in contact they are cold to the touch.
- Better by lying on painful side; hard pressure; profuse watery urination.
- Twitching all over the body with Trembling of the limbs.
- Attacks of cramps and of convulsions, sometimes with anxiety, fits of suffocation.
- The symptoms chiefly manifest themselves just after a meal, also in the evening, after lying down, or in the morning, immediately after rising.
Side effects of Willmar Schwabe Ignatia Amara
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Willmar Schwabe Ignatia Amara
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Willmar Schwabe Ignatia Amara
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.