For delirium, convulsions, clonic spasm, cough lying down, twitching
Common Name:Â Henbane, Hyoscyamus
Causes & Symptoms for Hyoscyamus Niger
- Hyoscyamus is indicated in diseases with increased cerebral activity, majorly in old people.
- Twitching of every muscle in the body, from the eyes to the toes
- Hyoscyamus is most useful in chronic manias, if the mania comes on after an acute disease, first cause of the attack is jealousy.
- Constant cough when lying down, which ceases on rising up
- Soreness, tightness of heart region.
Mind and Head
- Hyoscyamus is indicated for irritable, nervous, who jumps out of bed, tries to escape, answers irrelevantly,jealousy and unhappy love.
- Suspicious; will not take the medicine because he thinks of being poisoned.
- The patient uncovers and exposes himself, sings and talks amorously.
- It has a high grade of muttering, talking delirium alternates with the low in Hyoscyamus.
- The violent form of delirium that grows to mild and progresses to unconsciousness and the condition may continue even with the eyes wide open.
- Pressive, stupefying headache, especially in forehead, Heat of the head, with general coldness of the body, without thirst.
- Waving or shaking of the head from one side to the other, with loss of consciousness and red sparkling eyes indicates Hyoscyamus.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Swelling of the eyelids, Â inability to open the eyelids, Eyes red, fixed, convulsed, and prominent.
- Buzzing in the ears. Dryness of nose is relieved with this remedy.
Mouth and Throat
- Hyoscyamus is useful in Twitching of muscles of face. Hyoscyamus face is pale and sunken.
- Heat and redness of the face, Â Heat and numbness of the tongue
- Sordes on teeth, toothache worse from cold air, morning.
- Dryness and burning heat of the throat with elongation of the uvula is an indication of Hyoscyamus.
- Cough, dry, nocturnal, spasmodic after lying down and better by sitting indicates Hyoscyamus.
Stomach and abdomen
- Cramps ,colic in the stomach with burning pain, better by vomiting indicates Hyoscyamus.
- Hiccough, especially after a meal with spasms and rumbling in the abdomen.
- Vomiting, immediately after a meal, and sometimes with violent pain at the pit of the stomach..
- The abdomen is sore to touch in Hyoscyamus. Cramp-like pain in the abdomen, and cutting sensation better by vomiting.
- Convulsions of children, from fright or the irritation of intestinal worms indicates Hyoscyamus.
Stool and Anus
- Hemorrhoids, profusely bleeding is seen in Hyoscyamus.
- Frequent want to evacuate, with scanty and infrequent relief.
- Incontinence of urine; no desire to urinate in lying-in womenÂ
- Hyoscyamus relieves retention of urine, with pressure in the bladder
- Male complaints and Female complaints
Male: Increase of sexual desire, exposes the body.
Female:Â Â Â Excited sexual desire, uncovers sexual parts.
- Spasms of pregnant women, especially during delivery.
- During the menses, convulsive trembling of the hands and feet, severe headache, profuse perspiration.
Neck and Back
- Pains in the back, and especially in the lumbar region, with swelling of the feet.
- Trembling of the arms and of the hands, swelling of the hands, stiffness of hands, fingers look and feel too thick.
- Twitching of tendons, coldness and swelling of the feet indicates Hyoscyamus.
- Muscular twitchings, spasmodic affections, generally with delirium is relieved with Hyoscyamus.
- Hot, dry, brittle skin, eruption of dry pimples indicates Hyoscyamus
- Rash from the abuse of Belladonna. Bleeding of ulcers.
- Hyoscyamus is a useful remedy in restlessness and sleeplessness.
- Symptoms, manifest themselves after eating or drinking
- Convulsions, with cries, great anguish, oppression of the chest and loss of consciousness.
- Clonic spasms with twitching of groups of muscles, spasms in general, with unconsciousness.
- Worse by touch, Â worse evening and night, worse lying down, worse from cold and cold air, from mental affections, jealousy, during and at the start of menstruation.
Side effects of Hyoscyamus nigerÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Hyoscyamus NigerÂ
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Hyoscyamus Niger
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.