For small swollen joints, Nausea, vomiting, getting wet, albuminuria
Also known as
Colchicum autumnale (Dilution)
Tincture of the bulb dug in spring.
Common Name:Â Meadow Saffron. Â
Causes & Symptoms for Colchicum autumnale.
- Colchicum is a good remedy for weakness or sudden prostration and it acts on muscles, bones, and joints.
- All symptoms are aggravated from sundown to sunrise.
- Nausea at thought, sight, or smell of food, especially of cooking, is a characteristic symptom of Colchicum.
- Stitching, jerking, drawing pains in muscles, periosteum, and joints.
- Results of getting wet and getting chilled, changes to damp weather are relieved with Colchicum.
- Colchicum resolves the swollen joints, stiff and powerless feeling, pains.
- Pains in gout go from left to right, headaches right to left.
Mind and Head
- Weakness of memory, disinclination to every mental exertion, absence of mind indicates Colchicum.
- The headache is relieved, after supper, cramp-like pains in the head, especially above the eyes.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Pains in the eyes, like a digging with swelling of the lower lids. Watering of the eyes in the open air.
- Sensation of obstruction in the ears, discharge from the ears, with drawing pains.
- Tingling in the nose.
Mouth and Throat
- Edematous swelling of the face, lips cracked indicates Colchicum.
- Acute pains in the gums, smarting and sensation of dryness of the tongue and throat.
- Inflammations, tearings and shootings in the palate, and in the throat is relieved with Colchicum.
Stomach and abdomen
- The smell of food cooking nauseates to faintness. Nausea, after swallowing the saliva. Shooting in the pit of the stomach.
- Burning or sensation of coldness in the stomach, and much gas in stomach or abdomen is resolved with Colchicum.
- Colic, with tearing pains.
- Pain, as of burning and pressure in the abdomen, in the region of the bladder, and in the internal genital parts.
Stool and Anus
- Colchicum is useful white or bloody mucous discharges, looking as if the mucous membrane had been scraped off the intestines, with great tenesmus.
- Watery discharges, going off without sensation.
- Tingling itching, burning, and tearing in the anus indicates Colchicum.
- Urine loaded with albumen and casts indicate Colchicum.
- Pullings, tearings, and incisive pains in the urethra.
- Painful and scanty emission of urine of a bright red color.
Neck and Back
- Soreness in the small of the back when touching it.
- Pain, as from excoriation in the loins, during movement is relieved with Colchicum
- Pain in small joints, and especially the great toes is relieved with Colchicum.
- Tearings in the arms, the hands, and the fingers, tingling in the fingers, legs, the feet, and the toes as if frozen.
- Tingling in finger-nails is resolved with Colchicum.
- Hoarseness in the morning with roughness of the throat.
- Tingling in many parts of the body, as if frost-bitten, when the weather changes.
- Great weakness, with sensation of lameness through all the limbs.
- Powerlessness of the affected parts indicate Colchicum.
- Swelling of joints moving from one place to another, pit on pressure aggravated, in extremes of wet and cold, worse from motion.
- Coldness is a common symptom whcih runs with all complaints in Colchicum.
Side effects of Colchicum autumnale.Â
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Colchicum autumnale.Â
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Colchicum autumnale.
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.