Common Name: Roasted Sponge, Common Sponge roasted, Spongia.Â
Causes & Symptoms for Spongia Tosta
- It has action over especially the glandular system in induration and enlargement of the glands and mucous surfaces.
- Harsh, barking cough and suffocative spells during sleep arousing the patient indicate Spongia.
- The symptoms are worse before midnight in Spongia, Sweets aggravate.
- Cough is excited by talking, by dry, cold winds, better by eating or drinking, by swallowing, especially better by warm food.
Mind and Head
- Great inclination to sing, very timid, Every exertion worse the cough.
- Timidity and tendency to be frightened indicates spongia.
- Vertigo, with nausea, on waking at night, Pressive headache, sometimes with compression is relieved with Spongia
- Congestion of blood in the head, with pressing, beating, and pulsation in the forehead, with redness of the face, anxious look, restless sleep, better in a horizontal position.
- Sharp stitches in left temple extending to forehead.
Eyes, ear, Nose
- Eyes burning, red, and weeping with contraction of lids in the morning.
- On looking intensely at one spot lachrymation and headache indicate Spongia.
- Pain in cartilages of the ear as from soreness, not affected by touch. Boils on left ear painful to touch.
- Dry coryza, nose stuffed up with much sneezing is relieved with Spongia.
Mouth and Throat
- Itching and shootings in cheeks with Eruption on lips.
- Cramp-like pain from left jaw-joint to cheek in the evening when eating indicates Spongia.
- Swelling of the submaxillary glands with tensive pain, painful to touch.
- Swelling of gums, Vesicles on edge of the tongue are relieved with Spongia.
- Thyroid gland swollen and hard, with suffocative attacks at night, stitching pains and pressure indicates Spongia Tosta.
- Roughness and dryness in the throat. Great dryness of larynx, worse from hawking.
Stomach and Abdomen
- Contractive pains in the stomach, stitches in region of the stomach from least pressure. Sour regurgitations, nausea, with acidity in the mouth.
- Violent action of abdominal muscles during inspiration indicates Spongia.
- Pain from a hernia in the inguinal ring, swelling of inguinal glands is relieved with this medicine.
- Pain in the abdomen instead of menses. Spongia relieves the tightness and hardness of Abdomen
Stool and Anus
- Itching, smarting, and pain as from excoriation in the anus.
- Passage of ascarides from rectum and tingling in rectum indicates Spongia.
Frequent want to urinate, with scanty emission.
- It is particularly useful in cases of maltreated orchitis or inflammation of the testicle.
- Spongia relieves the squeezing pain in the testicle and cord, worse on any motion of the body or clothing.
- For induration, inflammation of ovaries Spongia works well.
- Menses too early and profuse.
Respiratory and cough
- Laryngeal cough, croupy-sounding, always go away with spongia.
- Wheezing, whistling, sawing, anxious breathing, worse during inspiration and when lying down suffocative attacks of breathing without any mucous rattle, respiration loud, very hollow voice, all without any rattling sound, or any looseness.
- Burning sensation, which ascends into the chest.
- Swelling of hands, with the stiffness of fingers, redness and swelling in joints of fingers, with tension when they are bent indicates Spongia.
- Numbness in points of fingers, cramp-like pains in the ball with jerking of muscles.
- The rigidity of legs withdrawing and tearing in legs and feet is relieved with Spongia.
- It relieves the swelling which is hard and large, swollen and associated with suffocating spells at night.
- A sensation of numbness in loins and buttock, Painful tension and rigidity in muscles of the neck, is relieved with spongia.
- Stinging pain in limbs, especially joints, heaviness when walking in the open air.
- The sensation of something creeping over the skin, with redness and heat of the part when it has been scratched.
- Red itching eruptions are relieved with Spongia.
Side effects of Spongia Tosta
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Spongia Tosta
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â