Common Name:Â Nitrate of Sanguinarine, Sanguinaria Nitricum
Causes & Symptoms for Sanguinarinum nitricum
- The catarrhal symptoms appear in great intensity-nose, eyes, throat, and bronchi being affected.
- Pains in eyes and head, sore scalp, obstructed nose, and burning pains throughout all regions.
- A sensation of obstruction and fullness in the head, accumulation of mucus obstructing nose.
- Sense of suffocation, feeling as if air-passages lined with thick, stiff mucus or pus.
- To relieve the symptoms of tickling cough. Cold winds of winter, which set up coryza and irritation.
- Adenoids, polypus of the nose is resolved with Sanguinaria Nitricum.
Mind and Head
- Restless, Burning pain in forehead and root of nose, with aching and soreness in eyeballs worse on pressure
- A sensation of obstruction and fullness in the head, ameliorated by the discharge of a large quantity of thick, yellow, sweet-tasting mucus.
- Aching sensation with soreness all overhead and scalp is relieved with Sanguinaria Nitricum.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Severe heat and burning of eyes. Redness of lids and conjunctiva. Eyes itch
- Obstruction of Eustachian tube, Roaring in the right ear.
- The nose feels large, tingles, trickling water, mucous membrane very sensitive to cold air, causing frequent sneezing.
- Adenoids and polypi are relieved with help of this medicine. Burning pains in both nostrils.
Mouth and Throat
- Raw, sore feeling in throat, sore aching and pressingÂ
- Constant tickling in throat-pit, exciting cough indicates Sanguinaria Nitricum.
- The increased flow of mucus and saliva with sneezing and burning in the forehead.
- Soreness, roughness, and rawness on right tonsil, painful, with difficulty in swallowing
Stomach and abdomen
- The sensation of burning in the stomach and oesophagus. Sharp, cutting pains in the abdomen.
- Belching up of putrid-smelling gas is relieved with Sanguinaria Nitricum.
Neck and Back
- Stiffness in muscles of left neck and shoulder.
Smarting and burning in throat and chest especially under sternum.
Side effects of Sanguinarinum nitricumÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Sanguinarinum nitricum
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â