For Headache, Tonsillitis, Hot Flushes, Dry cough, Nasal Polyp, Corn
Also known as
Sanguinaria Can, Sang Can
SBL Sanguinaria Canadensis (Dilution)
Tincture of fresh root. (The resin, leaves, seeds, seed-vessels, powdered root, and expressed juice have also been used.)
Common Name: Â Blood-root. Puccoon
Causes & Symptoms for SBL Sanguinaria CanadensisÂ
- Complaints that occur after taking wine, Headache from stomach disturbances, overeating, rich food, during menopause are relieved with Sanguinaria Canadensis.
- Burning in various parts, redness of cheeks with flashes of heat is characteristic of Sanguinaria Canadensis.
- Violent, dry cough, wheezing, whistling, metallic, sputa almost impossible to raise is seen in this medicine.
- Offensiveness and acridity characterize the discharges of Sanguinaria.
- Eruption on the face of young women, especially during scanty menses.
- Pain in places where the bones are the least covered after exposure to cold.
- Corns that burn; the toes burn and the patient puts the feet out of bed for relief.
Mind and head
- Irritability with confused state of mind better by eructation indicatesÂ
- Pain that begins in occiput and spreads over the head, settles over the right eye, with nausea and vomiting indicates Sanguinaria
- Headache comes once in seven days; it begins in the morning on waking or wakes the patient up aggravated by light, Going without food causes headache.
- The headaches are relieved from passing flatus up or down, hot palms and soles during headache is characteristic of Sanguinaria
Eyes, ear, Nose
- Burning and watering of right eye with Â Pain in eyeballs on moving them indicates Sanguinaria.
- Burning of ears, with redness of cheeks, Earache, with headache, with singing in ears and vertigo. Increased redness of external ear, with humming and roaring in ears Â
- Sensitive to flowers and odors, frequent sneezing, Nasal polyps, Heat in nose, coryza, rawness in throat.
Mouth and Throat
- Twitching of cheeks toward eyes.
- Pain in carious teeth after cold drinking.
- Feeling of swelling in throat on swallowing; Uvula sore and burning, tonsillitis.
- Throat so dry, seems as if it would crack indicates Sanguinaria.
Stomach and Abdomen
- Sugar tastes bitter and causes burning, Burning in stomach, with headache.
- Nausea with great salivation, constant spitting which is not better by vomiting.
- Jerking or jumping in stomach as if from something alive indicates Sanguinaria.
- Dull burning in right hypochondrium and chest with, Violent stitches in spleen.
- Flatulent distension of abdomen, evening, with escape of flatus from vagina is relieved with Sanguinaria.
- Cramp extending from place to place is characteristic of Sanguinaria.
Stool and Anus
- Constipation, stools in hard lumps, Ineffectual desire with sensation of thick mass in anus.
- Urging to stool, afternoon, but only discharges of flatus indicates Sanguinaria.
- Flushes of heat, with hot palms and soles, during menopause are effectively relieved with help of Sanguinaria Canadensis.
- Painful enlargement of breasts at climaxis, abdominal pains as if menses would appear. Burning pain between breasts in afternoon, worse on right side.
- The nipples are sore and painful.Â
- Menstruation too early, with a discharge of black blood is indication of Sanguinaria.
Back and Extremities
- Soreness of nape on being touched.
- Soreness down muscles of back, pains shifting, Pain in sacrum and bowels is relieved with Sanguinaria.
- Burning of palms with Stiffness of knees, Sharp pain in right ankle and great toe-joint.
- Pains in limbs, pain in those places where the bones are least covered with flesh.
- All sorts of neuralgic pains; cutting, tearing, lacerating pains; as if the muscles were torn, or put on a stretch.
- Burning in hands and feet worse night.
- Complaints are worse at night in Sanguinaria.
- Pain rising from the back of the neck over the top of the head, running down into the forehead.
Side effects of SBL Sanguinaria CanadensisÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, Ayurveda etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking SBL Sanguinaria CanadensisÂ
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking SBL Sanguinaria CanadensisÂ
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.