The root of several species of Krameria, especially Krameria triandra is used to make the tincture.
Common Name: Â Rhatany Root, Mapato. Pumacuchu.
Causes & Symptoms for Ratanhia
- It acts as a tonic in the weakness of digestive organs, restores tone to relaxed parts, arrests passive haemorrhages
- Ratanhia is useful in Â incontinence of urine, chronic oedema of the skin
- Fissure of the rectum, the burning persisting for a long time after the stool is very characteristic of Ratanhia.
- Violent nose-bleed, bleeding gums, toothache worse lying down.
- Jerkings and quivering of the whole body. Â Ulcerative pain in the chest during and after coughing.
- Stiffness in nape on turning head, better on the violent motion indicates Ratanhia.
Mind and Head
- Changeable mind, Irritable, peevish, and quarrelsome humour.
- Bursting in the head after stool, and when sitting with head bent forward.
- Jerking, smarting, and shooting in the head is relieved with Ratanhia.
- Painful tearing and burning on vertex, even at night, itching of the scalp not better by scratching.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Contractions and burning sensations in the eyes, especially in the evening. Stiffness of upper lids with soreness, burning, smarting, twitching of lids.
- Itching and shooting in-ear. Itching in the nose with dryness of the nose, with frequent sneezing with complete stoppage of nose.
Mouth and Throat
- Toothache during the early months of pregnancy, tearing pain in the face and jawbones are relieved with Ratanhia.
- Burning vesicles on the red part of the upper lip, painful sensation of coldness, dryness of mouth at night.
Stomach and abdomen
- Pain like knives cutting the stomach, sudden painful bursting in the pit of the stomach.
- After dinner, hiccough, before dinner, abdominal distension.
- Painful constriction of the stomach, which is sometimes removed by risings indicates Ratanhia.
- Shootings, pinching, and contraction of groins, dragging downward in both groins, as before menses, with the discharge of mucus from the vagina.
Stool and Anus
- Burning after soft stool, stool hard with great straining to pass stool indicates Ratanhia.
- Dry heat at the anus, with sudden knife-like stitches, Oozing at the anus, Great constriction of anus; stools forced with great effort.
- Protrusion of haemorrhoids followed by long-lasting aching and burning, sticking pain in the anus is relieved with Ratanhia
- Bursting headache, which accompanies and follows a straining at stool. Itching in the rectum. The very urgent desire for normal stool.
- Blood and pus from the bowels night and day with great pain and burning in the rectum are relieved with Ratanhia.
- More frequent and more abundant emission of urine, even at night with scanty emission.
- Burning in the urethra when urinating is relieved with Ratanhia.
- Itching in the scrotum not better by scratching.
- Pressure in groins, as of a general bearing down towards genital organs. Menses suppressed, with swelling of abdomen and breasts.
- Fissures of nipples in nursing women are resolved with Ratanhia.
- Sitting causes weariness and heaviness in the right thigh, bruised pain in the whole spine.
- Bruised pain in loins and hips, morning rising, better on the motion indicates Ratanhia.
- Contraction of flexor muscles, violent tearing in the right wrist. Tension and burning sensation in thighs.
- Tickling on heels on soles, jerking in thighs, calves, and feet.
- Weakness and prostration with anxiety and sweat over the whole body.
- Jerking in different parts is relieved with Ratanhia. Pimples, itching and burning after scratching.
- Sore pain frequently mingled with fine sticking now in the chest in the shoulder indicates Ratanhia.
- Small red and white pimples which do not suppurate, especially between shoulders and on loins, remaining a long time.
Side effects of Ratanhia
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Ratanhia
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â