Tincture of root gathered after the fruit has ripened, of the whole fresh plant, of ripe fruit. Solution of resinous extract, Podophyllin.
Common Name: Podophyllum peltatum, May Apple, Mandrake, Wild LemonÂ
Causes & Symptoms for Podophyllum
- Fullness in the stomach, belching of gas, sour eructations, marked salivation ad offensive odour from the mouth. Hungry after vomiting.
- Pains in the ovaries, especially the right, extending down the anterior and inner side of the thighs.
- Moaning and whining during sleep is relieved with Podophyllum.
- Burning the tongue is another leading symptom of this remedy. Â It shows its symptoms largely on the abdominal organs, the pelvic organs, and the liver.
- Pains in the sacrum, in the lumbar region with rectal and uterine symptoms, cramps in calves with stools.
- The patient takes cold, has any mental excitement, overexerts himself, eats boiled food, cabbage, fruits.
- The patient is constantly shaking and rubbing the region of the liver with his hands.
Mind and Head
- Great depression, sadness, mind easily fatigued; fidgety and restless, cannot sit still, whole body fidgety.
- Headache alternating with liver disturbances, periodic, violent headaches, alternating diarrhoea and constipation is a feature of podophyllum.Â
- Dull headache in the forehead, with soreness of the forehead and eyes.
- Chronic headache, periodic headache, sick headache, congestive in character indicates Podophyllum.
- Pain as if the head would burst, the pains most violent in the back of the head, bursting, and then on comes diarrhoea which relieves the head.
Eyes, ear, nose
- The heaviness of eyes with occasional pains, inflammation of lids.
- Aching pain in the right ear is relieved with Podophyllum.
- Soreness and little pimples on the nose.
Mouth and Throat
- Hot, flushed cheeks, offensive breath, at night, mouth and tongue dry on awaking indicates Podophyllum.
- Soreness of throat extending to ears, nausea and vomiting with the fullness of head, the rattling of mucus in throat.
- Bitter taste in the mouth with dryness of the throat. Soreness extending to the ears. Â
Stomach and abdomen
- The acidity of the stomach, nausea and vomiting, heartburn, heat and throbbing in the stomach, followed by diarrhoea.
- Pain in the abdomen, the colic is relieved by warmth and by bending forward while lying on the side.
- Everything taken into the stomach becomes sour. Uneasiness and distress about two or three hours after eating, with jaundice.Â
- It is useful in horrible nausea and aversion to food with empty all-gone feeling in the bowels.
- Feeling of fullness weight and dragging in the hypochondria, especially in the right, with stitches twisting pain, and heat is relieved with Podophyllum.
- The abdomen is sensitive; so sore that cannot bear the touch or pressure, relieved by the stool
- Podophyllum produces chalky evacuations, which are very offensive. Gastric weakness; unable to digest
Stool and Anus
- The anus is extremely sore, in haemorrhoids, in dysentery, and in certain watery diarrhoeas, Podophyllum gives good results.
- The yellow, watery diarrhoea alternates with a morning headache. Â Bowels with rumbling, pain, and soreness, and prostration.
- The sensation of dragging down as if all the parts would be pushed out into the world is a common feature that indicates Podophyllum.
- Diarrhoea immediately after eating and drinking.
- Enuresis, Micturition painful, scanty, urination immediately after drinking, frequent, profuse.
- Inflammation of the scrotum is attended with a pustular eruption which suppurates freely is relieved with Podophyllum.
- It is useful in bearing down in the hypogastric and sacral regions, increased by motion and relieved by lying down during the menses.
- Pain in the region of the right ovary with copious diarrhoea during the menstrual period, Great soreness of the abdomen before and during the menstrual period.
- The uterus is extremely sore and the uterine region is enlarged, sore to touch so that light clothing aggravates indicates Podophyllum.
- Numb aching in the left ovary, extreme tenderness of uterus, backache, sick feeling, and enuresis lying down.
Neck and Back
- Pain in the small of the back, when walking or standing, with the sensation of back bending inward.
- Sacral pain, pain under right scapula, Nape of neck stiff, and muscle soreness are relieved with Podophyllum.
- Pain in lumbar and sacral regions worse during stool.
- Pains from the head into neck and shoulders, with weakness of wrists, sore to touch is relieved with Podophyllum.
- Pain in course of the ulnar nerve of both arms, Cracking in the knee from motion indicates Podophyllum.
- Cramps in calves, thighs, and feet, with painless, watery stools.
- Scabs on arms and legs, Rawness and itching of genitals, also pustules.
- Intolerable itching of body and arms, skin moist with natural warmth.
- The body is offensive. The sensation of suffocation on first lying down at night.
- Drowsiness or restless sleep, with grinding of teeth or rolling of the head.
- Great restlessness, tossing about in bed, yawning and stretching, which better completely.
Side effects of Podophyllum
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on another mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Podophyllum
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â