The saturated solution in absolute alcohol. Trituration of Red amorphous Phosphorus.
Common Name: Â The Element, Phosphorus.
Causes & Symptoms for Phosphorus
- Complaints from electric charges in the atmosphere; violent palpitations, working under a bright light cause complaint indicates Phosphorus.
- Burning pains are observed everywhere, which is characteristic of this remedy and is sensitive to cold.
- Craving for cold things, ice cream, which agrees, or cold water, which is thrown up as it gets warm in the stomach indicates phosphorus.
- Phosphorus has been very useful in weak, relaxed conditions of the joints following sprains, Tearing, boring pains, especially at night with necrosis.
- The Phosphorus patient is very sensitive to all external impressions; slight odours, noises, touch.
- Glandular swellings, Â abscesses, fistulous openings
Mind and head
- The mind may be overactive or maybe extremely passive with loss of memory.Â
- Irritability of mind and body and great prostration of mind after slight mental effort, and of the body after slight physical exertion.Â
- Trembling of the whole body with fear is relieved with this Phosphorus. Brain-fag from mental overwork.
- Vertigo when in the open air; vertigo after eating; vertigo in the evening indicates Phosphorus.
- Heaviness and confusion in the head and thing go round; great weakness of the head.Â
- The headaches are ameliorated from cold and worse from heat, worse from motion, and better from rest.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Burning, redness, congestion, enlargement of the blood vessels of the eye indicates Phosphorus.
- The eyelids twitch and tremble; swelling of the eyelids; dropsical swelling of the eyelids; great darkness around the eyes; great circles around the eyes.
- Inability to understand the articulations of the human voice. Hearing is difficult.
- Violent itching in the ears; congestion of the external ear; itching, tearing, throbbing, burning pains are relieved with Phosphorus.
- painful dryness in the nose; constant sneezing and running from the nose of bloody water.
- Frequent blowing of blood from the nose, swelling of the nose, redness and very sensitivity to touch, polyps are relieved with Phosphorus.
Mouth and Throat
- Phosphorus is useful in the swollen, oedematous face; puffed under the eyes, bloated face, worse from talking and from eating
- Jerking, tearing pains in the teeth. The pains of the teeth are often ameliorated by warmth
- Parched, dry and bleeding lips, Inflammation of the parotid gland, especially when it suppurates or there are fistulous openings is relieved with Phosphorus.
- Dryness of the mouth and throat, roughness, rawness, excoriation, bleeding, and inflammation of the tonsils.
- Hoarseness and loss of voice; great dryness in the larynx and all of the air passages, Â suffocation; dyspnoea.
Stomach and Abdomen
- In Phosphorus, there is violent hunger and very soon after eating the hunger returns again.
- In acute and chronic complaints there is a violent thirst; thirst for ice-cold drinks.
- Vomiting on as soon as the water becomes warm in the stomach indicates Phosphorus.
- The complaints are ameliorated by eating with Constant nausea.
- Pressing pains, burning pains, tearing pains in the stomach; pain in the stomach after eating
- Phosphorus is useful in Congestion of the liver, fullness, pain, hardness, fatty degeneration of the liver.
- The sensation of emptiness in the abdomen
- Flatulence; colic; rending, tearing, cutting pains throughout the abdomen is relieved with phosphorus.
Stool and Rectum
- Burning in the rectum during stool. Protrusion of the rectum, protrusion of the piles is relieved with Phosphorus.
- Sharp, stitching pains from the coccyx up the spine that occurs during stool.
- After stool painful cramps in the rectum; burning in the anus; violent tenesmus, fissures of the anus indicates Phosphorus.
- Protruding haemorrhoids; haemorrhoids that burn.
- Frequent, scanty or completely suppressed urine with involuntary urination during sleep indicates Phosphorus.
- Twitching and burning in the urethra with sugar in the urine. It is useful in renal calculi.
- Swelling and soreness of the testes and cord; inflammation of the testes and cord.
- Phosphorus is useful for infrequent erections that are painful day and night.
- Violent pain in the ovaries extending down the inner side of the thighs during menstruation indicates Phosphorus.
- Haemorrhages from the uterus, bright red, clotted blood, Frequent and profuse haemorrhages from the uterus are checked with Phosphorus.
- Painful, hard, large nodosities in the female mammary glands.
- The menstrual period is too early, flow bright red, lasting too long with pain in the back.
- Swelling of the labia, with bleeding warts, indicates phosphorus.
- Ulcers upon the lower limbs; feet icy-cold, weakness; trembling; faintness. Jerking and twitching of the muscles
- Emaciated limbs and distended veins become an indication of phosphorus.
- Burning, tearing pains in the limbs from exposure to cold, Inflammation of the periosteum of the tibia.
- Trembling and numbness of both the extremities, Â fingertips feel numb and insensible is relieved with Phosphorus.
- Acute inflammation of the joints of the knees and hip joint.
- Great restlessness in the lower limbs; weariness in the lower limbs; weakness in the lower limbs, especially observed on walking.
- Bleeding from ulcerations, False granulations that bleed, Black and blue spots.
- Eruptions are dry and scaly, Burning sensation with irregular brown spots upon the body.
- Psoriasis of the knees, legs, elbows, and eyebrows indicates Phosphorus.
- A rash is very dusky or disappears and suppuration begins in various places
- Exostoses of the skull with tearing pains.
- Jerking and twitching of the muscles with spasms.
- complaints are worse from cold and cold applications, and better from heat and warm applications,Â
- Except for the complaints of the head and stomach, which are ameliorated from cold
- Difficult breathing, fullness in the chest after eating, much irritation in the larynx.
- The sensation of heat in the chest mounting to the head, Every cold settles in the chest
Side effects of Phosphorus
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on another mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Phosphorus
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â