Tincture of the entire fresh plant, including root.
Common Name:Â False GromwellÂ
Causes & Symptoms for Onosmodium virginianum
- Inability to concentrate thought, to focus eyes, to coordinate muscles, to judge the height on stepping.
- Vertigo and sensations of numbness and general muscular prostration
- Neuralgic pains, of a dull, heavy aching character, and affect cervical and spinal nerves and pelvic organ
- Dryness of nose, mouth, or throat.
- Soreness and stiffness of joints, muscles and body parts.
Mind and Head
- Forgetful, that he is reading, and he drops the book in vague and listless thought
- Confused. Dull, heavy, dizzy, pressing upward in occiput indicates Onosmodium.
- Dull headache over left eye, and in left temple worse in dark and on lying down.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Aching in the upper part of eyeballs. Lids heavy indicates Onosmodium.
- Chronic catarrh of both middle ears, membranes thickened, hearing not improvedÂ
- Dryness of nose, with feeling as from taking cold.
Mouth and Throat
- The face is flushed and worse at least motion or excitement, Dryness of mouth, and lips, without thirst.
- Throat perfectly dry and stiff indicates Onosmodium.
Stomach and abdomen
- Colicky pains in bowels, slight nausea, eructations after eating, nauseous.
- Colic better bending backwards, below the navel, soreness in hypogastrium indicates Onosmodium.
- Pain in prostatic urethra before and after micturition.
- Sexual irritation, accompanied by severe erections indicates Onosmodium.
- The uterine pains are all better by undressing and lying on the back.
- Pain in ovaries, worse pressure, cutting and throbbing.
- Uterine cramps as from taking cold during menstruation.
- Soreness in the uterus and ovaries, menstruation too early and too prolonged indicates Onosmodium.
Neck and Back
- Backache in sacro-lumbar region, sore, lame feeling in the lumbar region.
- Numbness and tingling in feet and legs, aching of lower limbs, general muscular prostration.
- The weariness of legs, knees, and hands, with numbness, of arms and hands.
- Pains in joints of fingers. Numb tingling pain in the outer side of both little toes.
- Worse From tight clothing, from motion, from jarring. Nervous, trembling feeling.
- Better from cold drinks, from eating, from undressing and lying on the back. Formication in calves.
Side effects of OnosmodiumÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Onosmodium
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â