Tincture of powdered seeds deprived of the Mace, tincture of the nut with the Mace
Common Name: Nutmeg, Â Myristica fragrans
Causes & Symptoms for Nux moschata
- Sleepy with most all complaints is an indication for this remedy.
- Excess dryness of the tongue, mouth, lips and throat; no thirst. Tongue so dry it adheres to the roof of the mouth.
- Exaltation of the senses and sensibilities runs through the remedy.
- Irregularity of menses is the chief note of the remedy.
- General inclination to become unconscious during acute attacks.
Mind and Head
- Vanishing of thought. Drowsiness. sudden loss of memory seemed to be two persons.
- Answers questions accurately quite out of her sphere. Humour grave and gay alternately.
- Riding in a carriage causes a headache, shaking head worse. Pains mostly in occiput, if touched there says it touches here brain.
- Vertigo when walking in the open air; aches from eating a little too much is an indication of Nux moschata.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Violent, constricting, burning, stinging pains over the right eye, dryness of eyes, and sensation of dryness.
- Profuse lachrymation and burning pains in eyes, blue rings around eyes indicates Nux moschata.
- Over-sensitiveness of hearing, obstruction of the nose, Nose-bleed usually dark, black.
Mouth and Throat
- The saliva seems thick, like cotton. Swelling of mucous follicles under the tongue.
- Dry mouth worse evening and night. Â Bleeding of gums readily.
- Lips are swollen and sticking together, burning.Â
- The toothache of pregnant women better by warmth indicates Nux moschata.
Stomach and abdomen
- It is specifically related to weak digestion. Nausea and vomiting with inclination to sleep. Colic with tearing pains.Â
- Conditions of excessive flatulence and when the smallest excess in eating or drinking sets up indigestion.
- A colic pain in the abdomen immediately after eating and worse after drinking, only during the day, with dry mouth and shirtlessness.
- Nocturnal sufferings from flatulence, which disturbs sleep indicate Nux moschata.
Stool and Anus
- In constipation with drowsiness. Summer complaints, mucous diarrhoea, as from, worms indicates Nux moschata.
- Hemorrhoidal and dark hemorrhagic. Bloody, putrid diarrhoea
- Renal colic and discharge of calculi, burning and incisive pains when urinating.
- Absence of erections, even while indulging in voluptuous thoughts. Desire with relaxed organs.
- Menses preceded by pain in the small of the back as if a piece of wood. Breasts too small, and without milk
- It has the ability to put off the menstrual period or else for bringing it on, is an indication of Nux moschata.
Neck and Back
- Contusive pain in loins or back, lassitude in loins and knees.
- Steady drawing from fingers to shoulders indicates Nux moschata
- Cramps in calves before going to sleep, in feet with inward burning.
- Buzzing sensation in all toes as if frost-bitten, the pains come in points all over the body, and are worse on the left side.
- The skin is dry, and Nux is suited to people who readily perspire.
- Old patch of psoriasis on the metacarpal aspect of thumb goes away, Acne.
- Dry cough, with suspended respiration, difficult inhalation, fainting fits
- Puffiness, swellings, dropsy of outer parts. Numbness in all limbs.
- Worse Damp, wet weather, cold weather, getting wet, before a shower, washing.
- Coldness and fainting with pains, especially headache.
- Drinking causes dry cough, colic. Great sleepiness with all complaints, particularly with pain.
Side effects of Nux moschata
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Nux moschata
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.