Common Name:Â The Surukuku Snake of South America, Bushmaster Snake
Causes & Symptoms for Lachesis
- Several nervous and circulatory diseases and disorders are indications for Lachesis.
- It helps in discharging extra body fluids in the form of sweat that mainly removes all the waste materials from our body.
- Throbbing sensations in the body. Chest pains and various other cardiac disorders.
- Excessive sensitiveness of the surface with intolerance of touch or constriction.
- Tremor of the tongue is a leading feature, burning sensation and pains are a leading feature throughout this remedy.
- Left-sidedness and the direction left to right is an indication for this remedy.
Mind and Head
- It is used to relieve stress and tension, exalted powers, a rapid succession of ideas, and again there is weak memory
- Jumps from one subject to another, irritable, irascible, peevish. Dislike and unfitness for any labour whatever, either mental or bodily.
- Headache better as soon as nasal catarrh comes on. Giddiness after resting, heaviness and pressure in the head.
- Sensitiveness of scalp, falling off of the hair, cutting headache better from heat and after belching upwind.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Smarting in eyeballs and dim vision for several days after headache. Swelling and inflammation of the eyelids or the edges.
- Dark eyes and a tendency to laziness and sadness. Dimness of vision, black flickering before the eyes.
- Pain in ears with a sore throat. Swelling of parotids. Dryness of ears is relieved with Lachesis.
- Swelling, redness and excoriation of edges of nose, dry, chronic coryza, with stoppage of nose, or fluent coryza. Red, chronic pimples on nose.
Mouth and Throat
- Small red veins in cheeks. Toothache with pains in head, shivering, heat and heaviness of the legs.
- Touching the throat in laryngeal affections causes suffocative spasms. Swelling and painful sensibility of the gums.
- Hot and cold drinks renew the pains indicates Lachesis.
Stomach and abdomen
- Severe attacks of colic, worse by hot drinks.
- Sinking at the stomach, and cannot go long without food.
- Symptoms are better after eating, especially after fruit indicates Lachesis.
- Most prominent remedies in appendicitis.
Stool and Anus
- Painful haemorrhoids. Painful constriction of the anus, Burning in the rectum
- Full feeling in rectum, and sensation as of little hammers beating.
- Urine is almost black, frequent, foaming, dark. The flow of urine after evacuating and after urinating indicates Lachesis.
- The sensation of burning in the urethra on making water. Pressure on the bladder, with urgency to urinate.
- Strong sexual desire without physical power, and with flaccidity of the penis indicates Lachesis.
- Pressure in testes, as if a hernia were going to protrude. Swelling of the parts, with itching and sexual desire.
- Uterine pains better as soon as menses appear. nipples extremely sensitive to touch indicates Lachesis.
- Menses regular, painless, too free. Uterine haemorrhage, Intolerably itching tetters on and around nipples.
- Pains and throbbing in the head before menses.
- Swelled joints or parts of joints in the human body that cause pain during movement.
- Pain in the shin bones. Extremities of the fingers numbed and painful.
- Hard swelling from hand to elbow, with excessive pain, indicates Lachesis.
- Flat ulcers on lower extremities, with blue or purple surroundings.
Ulcer sensitivity to least touch indicates Lachesis.
- It also increases energy inside an individualâ€™s body and makes the person even more passionate about his/her work.
- Worse after sleep whether by day or by night. Persons who cannot stand the sun and who are worse in summer weather.
Side effects of LachesisÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking LachesisÂ
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â