Kreosote, a product of the distillation of pyroligneous acid and tar
Common Name:Â Kreosote or Creosote
Causes & Symptoms for Kreosotum
- Excoriating discharges, Pulsations all over the body, Profuse bleeding from small wounds are characteristics of this remedy.
- Prolonged haemorrhage from the passages; haemorrhage from the kidneys, from the eyes, the nose, the uterus is relieved with Kreosotum.
- Rapid emaciation, with spongy, burning ulceration, pus acrid, ichorous, fetid and yellow.
- The parts with which the discharge comes in contact itch and burn, while scratching does not relieve but inflames the parts.
- Burning pains are a marked feature of Kreosotum.
Mind and Head
- State of irritability, a patient wants everything and is satisfied with nothing, weakness of memory, restlessness when seated.
- Chronic headache accompanied with great drowsiness, the headaches sometimes commence on waking in the morning.
- Vertigo, which causes falling, sometimes in the morning in the open air is relieved with Kreosotum.
- Headache caused by mental emotions. Soreness of scalp in being touched, falling off of hair, Pimples on the forehead.
Eyes, ear, nose
- The lachrymation is excoriating. It excoriates the margins of the lips and cheeks, and they become red and raw, the eyes smart and burn, Burning and corrosive tears.
- Itching in ears, Â shootings in ears, or cramp-like, pressive, and expansive pains with swelling of the cervical glands
- Fluent coryza, Bad smell before nose indicates Kreosotum.
Mouth and Throat
- The corners of the lips and mouth are red and raw indicates Kreosotum.
- Infants have troubles at the time of teething, Â dry-peeling lips are characteristic of Kreosotum
- Gums painful, dark red or blue; teeth decay as soon as they come is relieved with this remedy.
- The child that has a mouth full of decayed teeth, with spongy, painful gums, dentition, great restlessness, wants to be constantly in motion.
- Scraping and roughness in the throat with dryness and pain.
Stomach and abdomen
- Burning pain in the stomach, Soon after eating, a sense of fullness and increasing nausea, ending in vomiting of the undigested food,Â
- coming up an hour or two after eating, There is aggravation from eating cold things and relief from a warm diet indicates Kreosotum.
- It relieves burning and improves digestion.
- Retching, especially when fasting in the morning,
- Contractive pain in the abdomen, even at night, towards morning indicates Kreosotum.
Stool and Anus
- Kreosote has attacks of diarrhoea and vomiting, haemorrhage from the bowels, bleeding from the mucous membranes
- Great distension and trouble with the bowels, abdomen distended from flatus indicate Kreosotum.
- Urinary complaints
- Urine is passed during sleep, weakness of the bladder; inability to hold the urine is an indication of indicates Kreosotum.
- Prostate and bladder irritation, during the night frequently rises to pass a very little urine, can only urinate when lying.
Burning after coming in contact with the secretion of the vagina during coition.
- Complaints after menstruation, of females at the change of life, Menses regular but profuse and clotted.
- smarting and burning about the vulva, mucous surfaces of the labia are red and raw, burning is relieved with Kreosotum.
- The vagina burns during coition, and bleeding after coition, Coitus followed by a flow of blood the next day is a keynote of Kreosotum.
- At every menstrual flow complains of much swelling and rawness of the genitals.
- Leucorrhoea putrid, with accompanying complaints, leucorrhea in general and all the symptoms are worse during the menstrual period.
Neck and Back
- Unbearable burning pains in sacrum extending down to coccyx, better rising from the seat.
- Pain in the back at night, worse when lying. Continuous burning in small of the back.
- Stiffness of hands, with cracked skin.
- Drawing and shooting pains in limbs, alternately with sufferings in eyes.
- Burning itching at night, and heat over the whole body is relieved with Kreosotum.
- Violent itching all over the body, especially towards evening with a burning sensation in arms and legs.
- An infant suffering from the worst form of summer complaint, Tension and cramps in calves.
- Throbbing all over the body, pulsations to the ends of the fingers. Numbness, loss of sensation.
- Tendency to excoriation from the excretions and secretions applies to all the tissues of the body. The discharges from the body are offensive
Side effects of Kreosotum
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Kreosotum
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â