Tincture of fresh root collected in early spring or autumn.
Common Name: Iris hexagona. Blue flag
Causes & Symptoms for Iris Versicolor
- It is the most effective all-around remedy in cases of vomiting of all kinds. Increases the flow of bile
- Pains that shoot from right to left, irritating, excoriating, and inflammatory.Â
- Headaches, colic, diarrhoea, dysentery, recurring every spring and autumn indicates Iris Versicolor.
- It is used as a laxative to relieve fluid retention and bloating.
Mind and Head
- Great depression with headache, cannot fix the mind on studies.
- A remedy in bilious sick headaches, associated with a blur before the eyes. Paroxysms attended with sour watery vomiting
- Dull, heavy frontal headache, with nausea, with the dullness of eyes and pain over worse rest.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Inflammation of eyelids, violent pains in both supraorbital regions.
- Constant sneezing, Roaring, buzzing in the ears, intense noises in the ears indicates Iris Versicolor.
Mouth and Throat
- Pustular eruptions on the face, around the nose, lips, and cheeks. Heat and smarting in the throat.
- Toothache in the warm room. Profuse flow of saliva; ropy, drops when talking, dry, cracked lips.
- Pains in tonsils shooting into ears is an indication of Iris Versicolor.
Stomach and abdomen
- Great burning distress in epigastrium; mouth and stomach feel on fire.
- Nausea and vomiting of a watery and very acid substance, stomach sour with fullness, aches all over is relieved with Iris Versicolor.
- Cutting pain in the lower part of the abdomen. Sharp griping pains in the bowels better by the discharge of flatus.
Stool and Anus
- Great burning in anus, anus sore in the morning.
- Constipation with flatulent colic, with migraine, with irregular menses; with haemorrhoid is relieved with Iris Versicolor.
- Urine passes without force, Cutting and pricking in the urethra while urinating with coldness and itching of genitals.
- Coldness and itching of the genitals.
- Menses regular but excessive vomiting of green or yellow bile indicates Iris Versicolor.
- Inflammation and soreness of uterus, very sensitive to touch; pain across umbilicus.
- Severe shooting pains about the phalangeal and metacarpophalangeal articulations, shifting pains
- Sciatica; painful drawing and lameness are relieved with Iris Versicolor.
- Eczema capitis, impetigo figurata, and psoriasis; irregular patches with shining scales with nightly itching.
Side effects of Iris VersicolorÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on another mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Iris Versicolor
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â