Nerve Injuries, Pain, Neuralgia, Headache, Depression,Relieves Anxiety
Also known as
Â Tincture of whole fresh plant.Â
Common Name:Â Â St. John's-wort
Causes & Symptoms for Hypericum perforatum
- The nerves are the sphere of action for Hypericum.
- Pains gradually extending towards the body from the injured part with stitching, darting pains, coming and going, or shooting up from the region of the injury towards the body is relieved with Hypericum.
- Punctured, incised, contused and lacerated wounds, painful wounds very sensitive to touch.
- Convulsions from blows or concussions is relieved with Hypericum.
Mind and Head
- Weakness of memory with great nervous depression following wounds indicates Hypericum.
- It removes the consequences of fright and effects of shock.
- Sensation in the forehead as if touched by an icy cold hand.
- Headache, extending into zygoma or cheek with sore eyes is resolved with Hypericum.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Burning stinging pains in the eyes with sticking sensation.
- Sensitiveness of hearing with sticking pains during menses is relieved with Hypericum.
- Dryness of nose, with sneezing, Sore within nose.
Mouth and Throat
- Tension in the cheek with Eruption around mouth and on right ear.
- Dry, burning heat in mouth with Hot risings in esophagus after a fright indicates Hypericum.
Stomach and Abdomen
- Desire for wine, pickles, pressure at the stomach on eating but little.
- Eructation on drinking water, nausea and inclination to vomit is relieved with Hypericum.
- Tympanitic distension of abdomen, relieved by a stool.
Stool and anus
- Rectum feels dry, with constipation in the morning with Burning, biting, and feeling of dryness in rectum which is resolved with Hypericum.
- Piles, with much pain, bleeding, and great soreness.
- Desire to urinate, with violent tearing in the genital organs, with burning soreness and sensitiveness in both male and female.
- Hypericum works in after-pains after instrumental delivery.
- Frequent dry hacking cough, short, barking cough with Â hoarseness, Scraping and roughness in larynx.
- Pressure and burning in the chest, stitches from within outward, through left breast and sternum, worse from motion is relieved with Hypericum.
Back and Neck
- Pains shooting up the spine and down the extremities, shooting pains over the body and often convulsive movements indicates Hypericum.
- Stitching, shooting pains in the back in various directions; they shoot down the limbs.
- Violent pains and inability to walk or stoop, after a fall on the coccyx is relieved with Hypericum.
- Cervical vertebrae very sensitive to the touch.
- Feeling of weakness and trembling of all the limbs with Numbness and crawling in the limbs, hands, and feet.
- Tension in both arms and in the hands, Sensation as if the left foot was strained of dislocated.
- Hypericum is indicated for Effects of running nail or pin into foot.
- It is useful in sharp pain in knees, that could hardly resist the touch.
- A wound that sometimes swell up, no tendency to heal, look dry and shiny on its edges needs this remedy.
- Hard, dry, yellow crusts form on healing wound. Painful scars in tissues rich in nerves.
- A painful cicatrix with pain shooting up toward the center of the body following up the nerve; hypericum is the medicine for that.
- Injuries of the coccyx, soreness upon pressure indicates this medicine.
- Mechanical injuries, wounds by nails or splinters in the feet, needles under the nails, squeezing, hammering, of the toes and fingers, especially the tips of the fingers, when the nerves have been lacerated, wounded, torn, with excruciating pains.
Side effects of Hypericum perforatum
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Hypericum perforatum
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Hypericum perforatum
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.