The preparation of tincture is from the macerated, whole fresh plant (excluding the root) gathered when in flower.Â
Common Name:Â Eyebright, Euphrasia, Augentrost
Causes & Symptoms for Euphrasia Officinalis
- Euphrasia finds application as an important acute remedy in treating seasonal allergy syndromes.
- In acute catarrhal affections, Sneezing and fluent coryza, profuse acrid lachrymation with profuse bland coryza Euphrasia give good results.
- Headaches that occur with coryza and eye symptoms, headaches in the evening as if bruised, Shootings in the temples and the forehead
- The cough is worse in the daytime and worse ameliorated by lying down better.
Mind and Head
- Taciturn and careless towards work.
- Euphrasia relieves the catarrhal headaches with profuse watery discharge from the eyes and nose.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Catarrhal condition of the eyes with the copious, acrid, watery discharge with or without coryza. Inflammatory redness of the eyes.
- A sensation of dryness, burning, biting in the eyes, violent itching of the eyes, The lids are very sensitive and swollen.Â
- Swelling and agglutination of the eyelids, especially in daylight and in the sunshine, indicate Euphrasia.
- The nasal mucous membrane is swollen. Profuse, bland, fluent coryza worse during the night while lying down.Â
- Piercing pains in the region of the tympanum.
- Fluent coryza, by day, obstruction of the nose, at night is an indication of Euphrasia.
Mouth and Throat
- Vomiting from hawking mucus, hoarseness in the morning. Irritation in the larynx compelling him to cough, Deep inspiration is difficult.
- Redness of the face with Speech difficult.
- Stammering and frequent interruptions in the speech indicate Euphrasia.
Stomach and abdomen
- Nausea and bitterness in the mouth after smoking is an indication of Euphrasia.
- Pressive squeezing and burning across the abdomen. Colic, alternately with affections of eyes.
Stool and Anus
- Evacuations hard and scanty is an indication of Euphrasia.
Walking causes stitches and itching in female sexual organs is resolved with Euphrasia.
Neck and Back
Euphrasia relieves the cramp-like, pressive pains in the back.
- Swelling in the joints of the hand, or of the fingers on moving them.
- The sensation of heaviness and cramp-like pain in the calves of the legs, after remaining long-standing.
The consequences of blows, bruises, and contusions are relieved with Euphrasia.
- Aggravation of symptoms in the evening.
- Frightful dreams, with frequent waking and starting with fright.
- Red face and cold hands with descending heat in the body is an indication of Euphrasia.
- Lying down worse coryza, better cough.
- The difficulty of respiration, even when seated.
Side effects of Euphrasia Officinalis.
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Euphrasia Officinalis.
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â