A tincture prepared from fresh green stems and leaves gathered just before flowering.
Common Name:Â Bitter-sweet
Causes & Symptoms for Dulcamara
- It affects the mucous membranes, Dryness of mucous membranes strongly indicate Dulcamara.
- The Dulcamara patient is disturbed by every change in the weather, from warm to cold, from dry to moist, and from suddenly cooling the body while perspiring.
- Dulcamara produces catarrh of the stomach, intestines, nose, eyes, ears, and inflammatory conditions of the skin with eruptions.
- It has a specific relation also to the skin, glands, and digestive organs, mucous membranes secreting more profusely while the skin is inactive.
- Headache relieved by conversation indicates Dulcamara. Convulsions begin in the face.
- A red rash with itching worse in damp weather is relieved with Dulcamara.
- Cough, with expectoration of bright red blood.
Mind and Head
- Great impatience and restlessness, Buzzing in head, Impatient desire for different things.
- The back part of the head chilly, heavy, aching, during cold weather.
- Piercing and burning pain in the forehead, with digging from the inside outwards.
- Boring headache, from within to without is relieved with Dulcamara.
- Thick crusts on the scalp, causing the hair to fall off. The sensation of heaviness in the head.
Eyes, ear, Nose
- Itching of the eyelids in the cold air. Aching in the eyes, especially when reading.
- Acute pullings, with shootings in the ears.
- Coryza, dry, with stoppage of the nose, worse in cold air is relieved with Dulcamara.
Mouth and Throat
- Itching, crawling on the tip of the tongue. Pimples and ulcers in the mouth.
- Continual hawking up of very tough saliva, rawness in the fauces.
Stomach and Abdomen
- Cramp-like contraction in the stomach with the sensation of emptiness. Aching in the stomach with the sensation of emptiness in the abdomen.
- Burning Pain in the abdomen as from the effects of cold is relieved with Dulcamara.
- Distension of the abdomen and epigastrium after eating moderately indicates Dulcamara.
- Shooting, pinchings, and cuttings in the umbilical region, especially at night. Swelling of the inguinal glands.
Stool and Anus
Difficult, dry, infrequent stool with constipation. Vomitings, risings with biting at the anus.
- Some pain over the left kidney and left iliac region, better after moving about or in warm weather is relieved with Dulcamara.
- Involuntary discharge of urine, with stricture of the urethra. Difficult painful urination, water issuing drop by drop.
Neck and back
- Engorgement and induration of the glands of the nape, and on the neck. Lameness of the small of the back, from a cold.
- Shooting pulling pains in the loins, shoulders, and arms.
- Violent pains in the lumbar region, above the hips, digging, shooting, or drawing.
- Eruptions on hands, arms or face around the menstrual period.
- Retarded, and too abundant, blood watery, thin flow of blood during menses indicates Dulcamara.
- Suppression of milk from a cold is relieved with this remedy.
- Puffing and swelling of the leg as far as the knee. Tearing pains in the legs, especially in the thighs.
- Burning sensation in the feet and the toes, Perspiration in the palms of the hands are relieved with Dulcamara.
- Swelling and induration of the glands with emaciation, weakness and painful weariness of the whole body.
- Rapid swelling of the whole body is relieved with Dulcamara.
- It lowers the tendency to throw out eruptions over the body, Â producing vesicles, crusts, dry, brown crusts, humid crusts.
- Eruptions upon the scalp, extreme soreness, itching, and the itching are not relieved by scratching indicates Dulcamara.
- Moist or dry, red, tettery eruptions, especially on the face, urticaria, warts, fleshy or large, smooth.
- Skin eruptions are sensitive to touch, pressure better.
- Eruption of itching pustules become covered with a scab, red spots as if caused by flea-bite.
Side effects of DulcamaraÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Dulcamara
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â