A tincture is prepared from the powdered seeds
Common Name:Â Â Cocculus, Â Indian CockleÂ
Causes & Symptoms for Cocculus Indicus
- Cocculus slows down all the activities of the body and mind, producing a sort of weakness.
- Cocculus is useful for people who worn out by anxiety, worry and loss of sleep, Â sensitive to suffering, sensitive to pain.
- The complaints from nursing, vexation, anxiety and prolonged loss of sleep in people who take care of the unwell at home.
- Incoordination runs through this remedy, faint feeling which is followed sometimes by loss of consciousness
- Spasms through the body like electric shocks, convulsions after the loss of sleep.
- A decoction of Cocculus is a domestic remedy used locally for destroying head-or body-lice.
Mind and Head
- It is suitable to exhaust; unable to sustain any mental or physical efforts people.
- Cocculus relieves congestive headaches, sick headache, nausea, vertigo, tired feeling.
- Disposition to take everything in bad part and to be angry.
- Vertigo; on rising in the bed, with an inclination to vomit indicates Cocculus.
- Convulsive trembling of the head, caused by weakness of the muscles of the neck.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Convulsive rolling of the balls of the eyes during the spasms with difficulty in opening the eyelids at night.
- sensation as if the ears were stopped and Swelling of the parotids indicates Cocculus.
- Cocculus relieves Coryza, with ulcerated nostrils, swelling of the nose.
- Swelling and induration of the submaxillary glands.
Mouth and Throat
- Cocculus relieves dryness of the throat. Burning pain in the oesophagus, and the throat.
- Quivering and twitching of the muscles of the face, numbness of the face, indicates Cocculus.
Stomach and abdomen
- The desire for cold drinks, and especially for beer.
- Attacks of nausea, dizziness, nausea and vomiting indicate Cocculus.
- Violent cramp-like pains, squeezing, as if from a claw and cramps in the stomach.
- Contractive pinchings in the upper part of the abdomen, flatulent, cramp-like colic, is relieved with Cocculus.
- The flatus is passed without relief, enlargement of the liver after parturition, sour, nauseous taste in the mouth
- The thought of food or the smell of food in the other room, or the kitchen, will nauseate the patient in Cocculus.
- Violent attacks of gastralgia, the violent cramp of the stomach. Griping, pinching, constrictive pain.Â
- Colicky pains in the bowels; great distension of the abdomen is relieved with Cocculus.
Stool and Anus
- Tearing, cutting, spasmodic pains in the bowels, Violent, cramping pains in the bowels, Urging to stool and burning in the rectum is relieved with Cocculus.
- Contractive pain in the rectum, preventing sitting.
- Frequent desire to urinate, with small discharges.
- Pulling pains as from a bruise in the testes, on their being touched, the excitability of the genital parts, with desire for coition.
- Menses too soon; last too long but the flow is too less, Cramps in the uterus.
Neck and Back
- Weakness of neck muscles with the heaviness of head indicates Cocculus.
- Burning sensation in the feet. Tingling of hands.
- Many symptoms are worse evening and night, especially about midnight
- Hands tremble when taking hold of anything, cold causes tearing in limbs is an indication of Cocculus.
- The awkwardness of the fingers and hands. Numbness of the soles of the feet, hot and arthritic swelling of the hands.
- Red pimples, like grains of millet, with itching at a warm temperature, are relieved with this remedy.
- Ulcers are very sensitive to contact. Great itching, especially in the evening.
- Nervousness and excitement, anxiety and loss of sleep until convulsions is the cause of complaints.
- Rigidity, Stiffness of the joints is a common feature in Cocculus, Â tired body and mind.
- Aggravated by talking, by motion, by the motion of the eyes, by riding is relieved with this remedy.
- Numbness of the lower extremities, in the fingers, in the shoulder, of the side of the face.
- Engorgement and induration of the glands.
- Cramps and convulsions of the limbs, and the whole body
Side effects of Cocculus Indicus
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Cocculus Indicus
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â