Tincture of fresh root gathered at the time of flowering.
Common Name:Â Â Cow-bane, Water Hemlock
Causes & Symptoms for Cicuta virosa
- It is one of the best remedies for convulsions during dentition or worms in children. Also for excessive and violent convulsions.
- Cicuta virosa is a good remedy for the effects of concussion of the brain or spine if spasms are in the train of chronic effects therefrom
- Pustules that run together, forming thick, yellow scabs on the face, head and other parts of the body is relieved with Cicuta.
- Twitching and spasmodic jerks are a keynote of Cicuta Virosa.
Mind and Head
- Cicuta virosa is indicated for prostration that follows the convulsive attacks, with sudden rigidity, then jerks and violent distortions.
- Mania, with dancing, laughing, and ridiculous gestures, want of confidence in and dread of a man with a disposition to be frightened.
- Congestion of the brain with vomiting and purging. Giddiness, with falling forward is relieved with Cicuta virosa.
- Affections of the brain, from concussion of the brain. Severe headache in occiput, like a dull pressure, as with coryza.
- Suppurating eruptions on the scalp, with burning pain, is relieved with Cicuta.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Nocturnal agglutination of the eyelids. Burning pain in the eyes.
- Purulent eruption before, behind, and on the ears is relived with Cicuta virosa.
- Scabs in the nostrils. Obstruction of the nose, with the abundant secretion of mucus. Frequent sneezing, without coryza.
Mouth and Throat
- Swelling of the tongue, white, painful, burning ulcers on the edges of the tongue indicates Cicuta Virosa.
- Inability to swallow, the throat is, as it were, closed, and feels bruised when touched externally
Stomach and Abdomen
- Vomiting, alternately with tonic spasms in the muscles of the chest, and convulsive movements of the eyes
- Pulsative pains in the epigastric, Swelling and throbbing in the pit of the stomach is relieved with Cicuta Virosa.
- Burning pressure on the stomach and abdomen.
- Distension and painfulness of the abdomen, pain, as from ulceration in the groins.
Stool and Anus
- Itching in the rectum, with burning pain after friction. Constipation with too frequent evacuations indicates Cicuta virosa.
- Frequent micturition, the urine is propelled with great force.
- Retention of urine is relieved with Cicuta Virosa.
Male and female complaints
- Sore drawing pain in urethra, Tests drawn up.
- Menses delayed, Tearing and drawing in coccyx during menses.
- Mammary gland swellings are relieved with Cicuta Virosa.
- Burning itching over the whole body is relieved with Cicuta Virosa.
- Long-lasting purulent eruptions, confluent, forming thick yellow crusts, with burning pain.
- Extreme trembling of the hands. Tearing jerking in the coccyx. Startings and convulsive movements, in the arms and the fingers.
- Painful stiffness of the legs when walking is relieved with Cicuta Virosa.
- Bending the head backward opisthotonosÂ
- Violent spasms, moans and howls, great agitation, Tremor when touched.
- Eruptions are mostly found in the head and face.
- Strictures after inflammation are an indication for Cicuta virosa.
Side effects of Cicuta virosa
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other modes of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homoeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Precautions while taking Cicuta virosa
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homoeopathic practitioner before use.Â
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â