BAPTISIA TINCTORIA (Wild Indigo) Â Â
The symptoms of Baptisia Tinctoria are of an debilitated weak type, simulating Low Â fevers, septic conditions of the blood, malarial poisoning and extreme prostration. Baptisia also has indescribable sick feeling with great muscular soreness. All the secretions of baptisia tinctoria are offensive - breath, stool, urine, sweat, etc. Epidemic influenza. Chronic intestinal toxaemias of children with fetid stools and eructation. Baptisia helps in treating typhoid fever in all stages. It is used in cases where the vital fluid is undergoing decomposition and rapid disintegration. Baptisia in low dilutions produces a form of anti-bodies to the bacteria causing typhoid, thus it raises the natural bodily resistance to the invasion of the bacillary intoxication, which produces the typhoid syndrome. Â Â
Baptisia Tinctoria has marked action on flu symptoms. It acts well in low grade fevers with nervousness, chilliness and aching pain especially in head, back and limbs. Sore and bruised feeling of the parts rested upon in whatever position he lies. All the discharges like stool, urine and sweat are very offensive. Even breath is foetid. Tongue is coated white with red papillae in middle. Later it is cracked. Patient is delirious during fever, feels his body is scattered into pieces and he cannot cover them up properly.
Baptisia is also useful in diarrhea when the lower abdomen is very sensitive to touch and the bowels begin to rumble. Stools are very offensive with profound prostration and high rise of temperature. It also helps in dysentry during enteric fever. Stools contain decomposed blood often painless.This remedy is also indicated in throat problems when the tonsils are swollen with offensive discharge from mouth. Throat is sore but painless and the patient can swallow liquids only.Â
- - As if drunk, sleepy, intoxicated. Â
- - When he is asked any question, he answers slowly and falls asleep in the middle of his answer. Wild, wandering feeling. Inability to think. Mental confusion. Ideas confusedÂ
- - Delirium from sepsis/fever.Â
- - DELUSIONS: Sensation as if body is separated, scattered and he tries to get parts together. Â
- -Sensation tongue is thick and heavy, burnt. Â
- - Restlessness. Â
- - Indisposed to talk about sickness. Â Â Â
- Â - Illusion of divided personality. Falls asleep while being spoken to. Melancholia, with stupor.Â
- - Inflammations with RAPID SEPTIC-LIKE CONDITIONS, even with coma. Â
- - OFFENSIVE odour mouth, stool, flatus, perspiration. Â
- - SORE PAINS (Arnica., Badiaga ). Â
- - Influenza: bruised feeling, Â uncomfortable in any position, bed feels too hard (Arnica).Â
- - Infection of mastoid process present right behind your ear.Â
- Â - Confused, swimming feeling. Vertigo; pressure at root of nose.Â
- - Skin of forehead feels tight; seems drawn to back of head. Feels too large, heavy, numb. Soreness of eyeballs. Brain feels sore.Â
- - Early deafness in typhoid conditions. Eyelids heavy. Â Â
- - Dark red and congested. Â
- - Stupid look. Â Â Â
- - Pain at root of nose. Muscles of jaw rigid.Â
- - Stricture of esophagus.Â
- - Constriction, contraction of esophagus, Gagging on solid food, can only swallow liquids. Â
- - PAINLESS INFLAMMATION. Dark red discoloration of tonsils and soft palateÂ
- - Â Taste flat, bitter. Teeth and gums sore, ulcerated.Â
- - Breath fetid. Tongue feels burned; yellowish-brown; edges red and shining. Dry and brown in center, with dry and glistening edges; surface cracked and sore. Can swallow liquids only; least solid food gags. Â
- - Can swallow only liquids, vomiting due to spasm of esophagus.Â
- - Gastric fever. No appetite.Â
- - Cardiac orifice contracted convulsively and ulcerative inflammation of stomach and bowels.
- - Right side markedly affected. Distended and rumbling.Â
- - Soreness over region of gall-bladder, with diarrhea. Stools very offensive, thin, dark, bloody.Â
- - Soreness of abdomen, in region of liver. Dysentery of old people.
- Â - Threatened miscarriage from mental depression, shock, watching, low fevers.Â
- - Menses too early, too profuse. Lochia acrid, fetid. Puerperal fever.
- - Lungs feel compressed, breathing difficult; seeks open window.Â
- - Fears going to sleep on account of nightmare and sense of suffocation. Constriction of chest.
Back and Extremities
- - Neck tired with stiffness and pain, aching and drawing in arms and legs.Â
- - Pain in sacrum, around hips and legs. Sore and bruised.
- - Sleepless and restless. Nightmare and frightful dreams. Cannot get herself together, feels scattered about bed. Falls asleep while answering a question.
- - Livid spots all over body and limbs.Â
- - Burning and heat in skin.Â
- - Putrid ulcers with stupor, low delirium and prostration.
- - Chill, with rheumatic pains and soreness all over body. Heat all over, with occasional chills. Chill about 11 am.
- - Â Typhus fever. Shipboard fever.
- Â Worse; Humid heat; fog; indoors. Â
- Â Â Arsenic, Bryonia, Crotalus horridus, Hamamelis, Nitric-acid, Terebinthina.