SBL Antimonium Tartaricum
Common Name: Tartar Emetic, Tartrate of Antimony and Potash
Causes & Symptoms for SBLÂ Antimonium Tartaricum
- Convulsive twitching, Convulsions, Great heaviness in all the limbs and great debility is relieved by Anti. monium Tart
- Inflammation of internal organs, Gastric and bilious complaints, Constant nausea -nausea felt in chest s relieved by Antimonium Tart.
- The Antimonium Tart child wants to be carried and cries if anyone touches it. Peevishness, whining and crying.
- The Antimonium Tart patient's tongue has a thick, white, pasty coat with red papillae showing through.
- Intense nausea and vomiting with great effort, with perspiration on forehead, Fullness and sensation of stones in the abdomen, especially when sitting bent forward is well relieved by Antimonium Tart.
- All the complaints of Antimonium Tart patients worse from Warm drink, also lying in bed especially becoming warm there. There is also worse from cold and dampness.
- Antimonium Tart has worse on sitting down when seated, and on rising from a seat, worse sitting bent forward, better sitting erect, worse Lying on the side affected. Worse Motion, on every effort to move.
Effects of anger (cough) or vexation.
- Bad humour, Excessively peevish and quarrelsome. Â Discouragement and despair, Lethargy.
- The child will not allow itself to be touched.
- Dullness, confusion, and bewilderment in the head, which is, as it were, benumbed, with inclination to sleep.
- Headache, palpitation of the heart, and vertigo.
- Trembling with the head and hands, with great debility, worse when lying and getting warm in bed, better when sitting up erect and in the cold.
- Eyes fatigued, requiring sleep, and to be firmly closed. Aching of the eyes.
- Confused sight, with sparkling before the eyes, especially on rising from a seat.
- Violent fluent coryza, with frequent sneezing, ulcerated nostrils, shivering, loss of smell, and taste.
- Nostrils widely dilated.
- Face pale, sunken. Convulsive jerking of the muscles of the face.
- Odontalgia, with a very violent pain in the morning. Rheumatic toothache of intermittent type. Scurvy.
- Copious accumulation of saliva in the mouth. Tongue moist, clean, or loaded with a brown coating.
- Fatty taste in the mouth. Bitter taste in the mouth.
- Craving for acid things, or raw fruits (apples), for cold drinks or shirtlessness. Aversion to all food, especially milk.
- Empty risings. Constant nausea, sometimes with inclination to vomit, anguish, pressure in the scrobiculate, and headache, mitigated by the expulsion of flatus, upwards and downwards.
- Vomiting of mucus, with mucous diarrhoea. Pain in the stomach, as if it were overloaded.
- Pains in the abdomen, with great moral and physical agitation, and dislike to all kinds of labour.
- Spasmodic colic in the abdomen, with violent contraction of the eyelids, and irresistible inclination to sleep.
- Incisive pains in the abdomen, as if the intestines were being cut. Pulsations in the abdomen.
Stool and Anus
- Constipation, alternating with diarrhoea. Slimy diarrhoea, or yellow, bright brown, or else watery, often preceded by gripings and movements in the abdomen.
- Violent burning tickling, extending from the rectum into the glans penis.
- Very profuse and distressing emission of urine, with tension in the perineum, burning sensation in the urethra, and scanty stream, which is sanguineous towards the end of the emission, with violent pains in the bladder.
- Nocturnal calls to urinate, with burning thirst and scanty emission. Involuntary emission of urine.
Male Sexual Organs
- Excitation of the sexual system. Pain in testicles after checked gonorrhoea.
Female Sexual Organs
- Severe bearing-down in the vagina. Eruption of pimples on the genital organs.
- Catarrh, with irritation, which excites coughing, copious accumulation of mucus, and rattling of mucus in the chest. Hoarseness.
- Shortness of breathing from suppressed expectoration.
- Cough, with heat and moisture of the hands, and perspiration on the head, chiefly on the forehead. Cough, with vomiting of food, after a meal.
- Shortness of breath, Difficult respiration. Rattling of mucus in the chest when breathing.
- Burning sensation in the chest which ascends to the throat.
- Inflammation of the lungs. Miliary eruption on the chest.
Neck and Back
- Weakness of the muscles of the neck, which prevents the head from being held up. Miliary eruption on the nape of the neck.
- Violent pain in the sacra-lumbar region, slightest effort to move causes retching and cold, clammy sweat.
- Pain in sacrum with the sensation of lameness.
- Heaviness in limbs followed by a leprous eruption. Limbs over-fatigued, a sensation coming from the back.
- Cracking in the joints of the shoulder, with tearing in the arms, extending into the hands. The excessive heaviness of the arms.
- Jerking of the muscles in the arms and hands. Miliary eruption on the arms.
- Itching pimples on the arms and wrists.
- Heaviness and joint pains in the hips and legs. Painful weakness in the knee joint, in bed, in the morning.
- Numbness of the feet, on sitting down.
- Itching in the skin, Itching pimples, and miliary eruption, Eruptions like scabies.
- Eruption of pustules, like varioloids, as large as peas, filled with pus, with red areola (like smallpox), and which afterwards form a crust, and leave a scar.
- Pustular eruption on different portions of the body, leaving a bluish-red mark.
- Inflammation of internal organs. Gastric and bilious complaints relieved by Antimonium Tart.
- Jerking of the muscles, Convulsive jerks and spasm. Trembling of the limbs, long-continued of the head and hands after every exertion or motion.
- Aggravation of the symptoms when sitting down, or else when seated, and when rising from the seat.
- Great debility, weakness, and excessive lassitude feel best when sitting still doing nothing.
- Excessive tenderness of the whole body.
Side effects of SBL Antimonium Tartaricum
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â