Voice Hoarseness-illness of the larynx
Hoarseness - as liable to affect singers, actors, teachers and orators. Catarrh in the larynx with sensation as of a wound.
Can be used as an additional preparation in tuberculosis of the larynx and nervous disorders i.e. hysterical ball and as a complementary remedy in influenza.
MODE OF ACTION OF MAIN INGREDIENTS:
Argentum nitricum: Decreases catarrh of the larynx and the irritation of the vocal chords which manifests after undue stress on the voice. Specific action on the mucus in the larynx, lessens the hoarseness and pains of the larynx (singers, teachers, actors, orators etc.).
Arnica: Counteracts the effect of undue stress and injury of the vocal chords, and brings inflammation under control.
Arum maculatum: Lessens the sensation of wound, raucousness of the larynx and catarrhic conditions of the rear-part of the mouth.
Calcium carbonicum Hahnemanni: Specifically indicated for hoarseness (not painful) of the type found also in case of paralysis of the nerves (Nervus recurrens).
This remedy has a swift and lasting efficacy and can be considered as indispensable in the afore-mentioned professions. It has the property, after prolonged use, of strengthening the resistance of the larynx.
- As prolonged cure, 3 times daily 10-15 drops in some water before meals.
- In hoarseness and undue stress on the voice frequent doses are recommended: 10-15 drops every 5-10-15 minutes.
- Recommended complementary products
- R43 in case of asthma.
- R48 in tuberculosis and secondary tuberculosis of the larynx or lungs.
- R51 in Basedow's disease.
- R47 for hysterical ball (very complex in case of catarrh of the larynx).