For delirium, convulsions, clonic spasm, cough lying down, twitching
Also known as
Dr. Reckeweg Hyoscyamus Niger(Dilution)
Common Name:Â Henbane, Hyoscyamus
Causes & Symptoms for Dr. Reckeweg Hyoscyamus Niger
- Hyoscyamus is indicated in diseases with increased cerebral activity, majorly in old people.
- Twitching of every muscle in the body, from the eyes to the toes
- Hyoscyamus is most useful in chronic manias, if the mania comes on after an acute disease, first cause of the attack is jealousy.
- Constant cough when lying down, which ceases on rising up
- Soreness, tightness of heart region.
Mind and Head
- Hyoscyamus is indicated for irritable, nervous, who jumps out of bed, tries to escape, answers irrelevantly,jealousy and unhappy love.
- Suspicious; will not take the medicine because he thinks of being poisoned.
- The patient uncovers and exposes himself, sings and talks amorously.
- It has a high grade of muttering, talking delirium alternates with the low in Hyoscyamus.
- The violent form of delirium that grows to mild and progresses to unconsciousness and the condition may continue even with the eyes wide open.
- Pressive, stupefying headache, especially in forehead, Heat of the head, with general coldness of the body, without thirst.
- Waving or shaking of the head from one side to the other, with loss of consciousness and red sparkling eyes indicates Hyoscyamus.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Swelling of the eyelids, Â inability to open the eyelids, Eyes red, fixed, convulsed, and prominent.
- Buzzing in the ears. Dryness of nose is relieved with this remedy.
Mouth and Throat
- Hyoscyamus is useful in Twitching of muscles of face. Hyoscyamus face is pale and sunken.
- Heat and redness of the face, Â Heat and numbness of the tongue
- Sordes on teeth, toothache worse from cold air, morning.
- Dryness and burning heat of the throat with elongation of the uvula is an indication of Hyoscyamus.
- Cough, dry, nocturnal, spasmodic after lying down and better by sitting indicates Hyoscyamus.
Stomach and abdomen
- Cramps ,colic in the stomach with burning pain, better by vomiting indicates Hyoscyamus.
- Hiccough, especially after a meal with spasms and rumbling in the abdomen.
- Vomiting, immediately after a meal, and sometimes with violent pain at the pit of the stomach..
- The abdomen is sore to touch in Hyoscyamus. Cramp-like pain in the abdomen, and cutting sensation better by vomiting.
- Convulsions of children, from fright or the irritation of intestinal worms indicates Hyoscyamus.
Stool and Anus
- Hemorrhoids, profusely bleeding is seen in Hyoscyamus.
- Frequent want to evacuate, with scanty and infrequent relief.
- Incontinence of urine; no desire to urinate in lying-in womenÂ
- Hyoscyamus relieves retention of urine, with pressure in the bladder.
Male complaints and Female complaints
Male: Increase of sexual desire, exposes the body.
Female:Â Â Â Excited sexual desire, uncovers sexual parts.
Neck and Back
- Spasms of pregnant women, especially during delivery.
- During the menses, convulsive trembling of the hands and feet, severe headache, profuse perspiration.
- Pains in the back, and especially in the lumbar region, with swelling of the feet.
- Trembling of the arms and of the hands, swelling of the hands, stiffness of hands, fingers look and feel too thick.
- Twitching of tendons, coldness and swelling of the feet indicates Hyoscyamus.
- Muscular twitchings, spasmodic affections, generally with delirium is relieved with Hyoscyamus.
- Hot, dry, brittle skin, eruption of dry pimples indicates Hyoscyamus
- Rash from the abuse of Belladonna. Bleeding of ulcers.
- Hyoscyamus is a useful remedy in restlessness and sleeplessness.
- Symptoms, manifest themselves after eating or drinking
- Convulsions, with cries, great anguish, oppression of the chest and loss of consciousness.
- Clonic spasms with twitching of groups of muscles, spasms in general, with unconsciousness.
- Worse by touch, Â worse evening and night, worse lying down, worse from cold and cold air, from mental affections, jealousy, during and at the start of menstruation.
Side effects of Dr. Reckeweg Hyoscyamus nigerÂ
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.Â
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.Â
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Dr. Reckeweg Hyoscyamus NigerÂ
- Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Dr. Reckeweg Hyoscyamus Niger
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.Â
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.Â
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating. Homeopathic medicines have several uses and are prescribed on the basis of symptom similarity.